Wednesday 23 November 2011

Yum Cha @ Crystal Jade

Crystal Jade
154 Little Bourke Street
Melbourne VIC
crystaljade.com.au

It has been a while since I had Yum Cha. It wasn't that I didn't have any craving or anything (like I ever not having any craving!  I always crave for food!!), the reason was mainly because I don't know where to go for a reasonable Yum Cha.  Call me crazy, but there is no lie! This trip was the third Yum Cha that I had in two years since I relocated here.


I was introduced to Crystal Jade a month or two ago by my colleague whom brought us here for Yum Cha Friday that we had in the office.  Thanks to my Yum Cha craving over the weekend, I dragged Teddy out with me.  Since we didn't want to drive so far, Crystal Jade turned out to be perfect destination as located in the CBD.




The first dish that we had was this lovely Ginger Prawn Dumplings.  I liked the outter texture of these dumpling as the crispiness factor from the fried was still there.  Also, I could sense the aroma of ginger in my mouth!



 We also got a few fried dishes...the first one that we picked up was Prawn Toast - pretty yummy and not that oily.  The wonton skin on top added the texture to the prawn toast too!  Next dish...I couldn't recall the name of it...but it was Prawn on Tofu.  The taste was quite mild but not tasteless, the sweetness of the prawn was still there for us to enjoy.

  


This dish was Teddy's request...The Lotus Leaf Sticky rice. They came in two parcels, the steam jetted out when Teddy unwrapped the parcel to reveal the filling inside.  It was quite tasty and enjoyable, though it would be even better if there was a bit more meat factor inside.



Seafood Dumplings and Garlic Calamari were then tasted.  The dumplings were nice and thankfully that the skin wasn't so thick.  The garlic calamari was a let down as we couldn't even taste nor sense any trace of garlic from this dish, rather, it tasted somewhat like curry mix.  


 Deep Fried Glutinous Dumplings and Prawn Rice Noodle Roll were yummy.  Teddy wasn't so keen on the glutinous dumplings since they were quite oily, but I gotta say that the skin was pretty awesome.  The prawn rice noodle roll did not disappoint us, the prawns were cooked just right and there was plenty of sauce on the dish, so we didn't have to fight over who would get more sauce on the noodle!

Yum Cha wouldn't be a Yum Cha if we didn't try Har Gao.  The Har Gao here were prepped cooked nicely as the skin wasn't chewy nor thick.  The prawn filling was also crunchy and sweet, yummo!  


+Disclaimer: The commentary contained in this blog is purely based on my own opinion and experience at the time of visit. Taste is a subjective and yours and mine can be differed.

Crystal Jade on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

msihua said...

What did you think about it overall? I've only ever been once for dinner and it was quite good. Not fantastic fabulous, but decent :)

Pinkswoon said...

@msihua, I found it quite good and food was more of a hit than miss.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...