Monday 14 November 2011

Brunch with the Duchess @ Duchess of Spotwood

Duchess of Spotwood
87 Hudsons Road
Spotwood VIC


It has been quite a while since I had a decent brunch, and I am sure that Teddy would agree on it too...especially I had turned down so many suggestions during the past months due to the stuff that went on in my life.  Just couple of days before the weekend, the talk about trying out new places of brunch came up, and I suggested to Teddy that I wanted to go to Duchess of Spotwood. 

We did went out of our usual route a bit by crossing the Westgate and went all the way to Spotwood.  Well, we had our aim in mind and food was the key that kept us going!  



We arrived at Duchess of Spotwood not long after and were greeted by lovely staff, whom immediately guided us to the table.  We then chose our drink and sat idly for a while and observing the ambiance of the cafe.  While Teddy was checking out the menu, my eyes were caught up at the red espresso machine...the familiar looking La Marzocco was used at the Duchess.  Plus they used coffee beans from Seven Seeds, which made me wanting to get our hands on the coffee even more.


While my fellow diner order the cold drink from Parkers Organic for the hot day, I opted for my usual  Latte.  The coffee was nicely made, the flavour was a bit mild, but still maintained the sweetness from creama. 
 

My partner in crime for today had the take on English Brunch with the lovely looking Yabby Omelet.  I had my fork on it for a bit just to tried how good it was since Teddy had been raving about it.  Oh my, it was mouth-watering indeed!  This beautiful piece of work had been created with love and wishful thought on letting the diner enjoy it to the utmost.  The flavour was spot on and no pinch of salt nor pepper required.


I met my Duchess of Pork in no time.  She had gotten all my and Teddy's attention since she shown up.  She was covered up with two fried eggs and accompanied with the sourdough and dressing.  When I turned her around, I could see her inner beauty, the pig's jowl with an aromatic smell invited me to get closer. I felt as if I was under her spell.  Teddy also got tempted by her beauty, but I first got to know her better, so Teddy would just had to wait.  She was absolutely divined, I loved every single thing that they've done to creating her as she was an absolute crowd pleaser!  and you know, Teddy just couldn't get the hands off her!

Our next British encounter was the Pork Sausages Sandwich.  Once again, Duchess of Spotwood did not disappointed us.  The sausages were nicely cooked and seasoned and they went well with the other components in the sandwich.  For the love of pork, regardless of the limit of our stomachs, we still kept going and clear up the plate and did not waste one bit of it.




+Disclaimer: The commentary contained in this blog is purely based on my own opinion and experience at the time of visit. Taste is a subjective and yours and mine can be differed.

Duchess of Spotswood on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

msihua said...

Ahh.. that yabby omelette was the Boy's favourite thing! So need to go back for a revisit sooN!

Pinkswoon said...

:) I wish I had extra tummy so I could eat more from the Duchess!

penny aka jeroxie said...

Nice! When I come back next, I may have to revisit.

Anonymous said...

The Photos look lovely!

Pinkswoon said...

thanks a bunch :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...