Saturday 11 February 2012

Sweet Indulgence @ Ganache Chocolate

Ganache Chocolate
250 Toorak Road
South Yarra, VIC


It was rather a crazy afternoon that I had before I ended up with whole lot of cakes at Ganache.  Miss P and I wanted to go to L'atelier by Monsieur Truffe but we did not make it in-time due to bad traffic on the way...by the time we reached there, the door was closed.

Since both of us has a massive craving for cakes and we have been wanting to try cakes at Ganache for a while, we pin-pointed our destination.





While Miss P was busy browsing on the cake menu and refused to join the caffeine club of mine, I ordered my usual Latte to enjoy.

Then the moment of truth came...for cake ordering.  Miss P got fired up and ordered 4 cakes for 2 people...the waitress looked surprised when Miss P continued to order the third one...i thought to myself, the waitress's expression was just like when I paid a visit to Chez DrĂ© with Teddy. I couldn't help but smiled back at her and Miss P. 


A moment after, our Cake platter arrived with 4 lovely cakes on the long plate.  They all looked very delicious and gave out a calling: "come and eat me...".


We started off with the Fruity one first, an Orange Cointreau Cake.  A lovely sponge cake with Cointreau and Orange flavour.  Very yummy and light.  I was glad that they did not have a heavy hand with the Cointreau because the amount they put was just right and it was a great combination with the orange.



Our next two cakes were Triple Mousse and Hazelnut Fan Slice. How could Miss P and I go pass the chocolate cakes?  The Triple Mousse was lovely and all 3 mousse were very smooth and creamy.  The flavour went well together and when eating with the chocolate sheet on the side...oh so yummy!

The Hazelnut Fan Slice was by far my favourite cake of the day.  I loved hazelnut sponge and the crispy praline at the bottom...went so well with the chocolate mousse.  Plus, it wasn't overly sweet!


Our last cake on the cake platter was Passion fruit and Mango.  It was nice and light...great finish for the day.  It was a combination of white chocolate mousse and layer of passion fruit and mango jelly.  Sadly to say that I was a little disappointed with the rather light flavour of passion fruit and mango in this cake.  I could only taste a hint of both fruit.


I thought I had enough dose of cakes for the day, even for the next few days, but Miss P didn't stop right there.  She ordered the fifth cake!!! Raspberry Chocolate Mousse - another light and fruity flavoured cake that Ganache has on offering.  Miss P mentioned that the Raspberry on the top was rather sour and overpowering the cake.  Not much to her liking....

We ended our cake craving journey right at 5 cakes...I swore we were both full just by the cakes alone...no dinner required on that night!





+Disclaimer: The commentary contained in this blog is purely based on my own opinion and experience at the time of visit. Taste is a subjective and yours and mine can be differed.


Ganache Chocolate on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

msihua said...

Goodness that's a lot of cakes!!!! I'm a fan of mango and not passionfruit, so would have possibly liked the fact that the taste of the fruit was light.. hehehe

Pinkswoon said...

I know...the waitress was looking at us like we were from a different planet! the planet that only eat cakes! LOL.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...